Looking for new activities and ideas to ensure your school is providing an inclusive physical education and physical activity environment?
Check out the below videos of physical education and physical activity best practices for meeting the needs of students with disabilities. These videos, reviewed by a panel of experts, were recently awarded prizes in the 2016 Let’s Move! Active Schools Inclusive Physical Education and Physical Activity Video Contest.
1. “Breaking Barriers With Bella and Buddies” submitted by Harding Middle School (Cedar Rapids Community School District, IA)
2. “Inclusive Class Design” submitted by Pelham Oaks Elementary (Pelham School System, AL)
3. “Adaptive PE” submitted by Emmett Middle School (JSD #221 Emmett, ID)
4. “After School Circus Fitness: Aiden’s Story” submitted by Longfellow Elementary (Salida Schools, CO)
5. “Fairley Fun for Everyone” submitted by Fairley Elementary (Hannibal Central Schools, NY)
6. “Inclusion@SilviaSchool” submitted by Frank M. Silvia School (Fall River Public Schools, MA)
7. “Personalized Learning at Turner PE” submitted by Harvey Turner Elementary (Pasadena Independent School District, TX)
8. “SAC P.E. Eval.” submitted by Rama Road Elementary (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools, NC)
9. “Unified PE – Torrence Creek Elementary” submitted by Torrence Creek Elementary (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools, NC)
10. “Wake Forest High PEPI” submitted by Wake Forest High School (Wake County Schools, NC)