Today, Let’s Move! Active Schools announced eleven winning schools from its 2014 NBA FIT contest.
The grand prize winner – Orca K-8 School (Seattle School District 1, Wash.) – will receive an NBA FIT Day, while the three second prize recipients – Earle Elementary School (Chicago Public School District 299, Ill.); Overlook Elementary School (Anne Arundel Co School District, Md.); and Palmer High School (Palmer Public School District, Mass.) – will enjoy a visit from an NBA/WNBA player or legend.
All eleven schools will take home an NBA/WNBA FIT kit which includes jump ropes, Spalding basketballs, floor spots, cones, bean bags, agility hurdles and ladder and an equipment bag – all designed to get students moving and active.
The NBA and Let’s Move! Active Schools teamed up last January to promote active learning environments where kids get 60 minutes of physical activity before, during and after the school day. To forward this charge, the NBA launched a contest encouraging teachers, administrators and parents to sign up for Let’s Move! Active Schools. Each person who signed up during the promotional period (January-April 2014), and joined the contest, was entered into the drawing.
Congratulations to the following winners:
Grand Prize – NBA FIT Day
- Orca K-8 School, Seattle School District 1, Wash.
Second Prize – NBA/WNBA Player/Legend Appearance
- Earle Elementary School, Chicago Public School District 299, Ill.
- Overlook Elementary School, Anne Arundel Co School District, Md.
- Palmer High School, Palmer Public School District, Mass.
Third Prize – NBA/WNBA FIT Kit
- Academy for Business & Tech, Michigan Department of Education, Mich.
- Canton Elementary School, Canton Public School District I-105, Okla.
- Carter Park Elementary School, Ft Worth Independent School District, Tex.
- Hoke County High School, Hoke County School District, N.C.
- Holy Family School, Diocese of Youngstown Catholic Schools, Ohio
- Lake Crystal-Wellcome Memorial Elementary School, Lake Crystal-Wellcome Memorial Area School District, Minn.
- Northeastern High School, Elizabeth City Pasquotank Public School District, N.C.