Inclusive Physical Education and Physical Activity Video Contest - Enter by Dec. 6!
Washington, DC | News Story
You are invited to create a short video demonstrating how your school provides inclusive physical education and/or physical activity! Showcase at least one best practice for meeting the needs of students with disabilities and how you create an inclusive environment that meets the needs of all students. Submit your video by December 6, 2016 for a chance to win!
Your school could win one of 10 cash prizes of up to $1,000:
- 1st Place - $1,000
- 2nd Place - $750
- 3rd Place - $500
- Honorable Mentions (up to 7) – Each receives $250
- Entrant’s school must be enrolled in Let’s Move! Active Schools with a completed online assessment.
- The individual submitting the video is an adult employed by the school or district featured in the video and is signed up as Let’s Move! Active Schools champion.
- Only one video per school will be accepted.
Video Submission Requirements
- The video submission may not exceed 5 minutes in length, but there is no minimum length.
- The video submission may not contain any copyrighted or trademarked signs, art, or third-party logos visible at any time.
- The video submission may not contain any copyrighted music or sounds.
- All videos must be submitted via an “unlisted” YouTube link. (Click here for YouTube help.)
- Resolution should be at least 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720.
- Recommended format is .mp4 or .mov.
- The video submission must address at least one best practice in the following areas:
- A physical, intellectual, sensory, and/or communication disability
- An inclusive physical environment
- An inclusive social environment
- Modifications or adaptions to space
- Modifications or adaptions to games objectives/rules
- Modifications or adaptations to equipment
- Modifications or adaptions for intensity level
- Modifications or adaptions for skill level
- Modifications or adaptions to how information is presented and/or demonstrated to students
- Involving the student with a disability in discussion/questions about what modifications or adaptations address their needs
- Peer teaching and coaching
- Peer support/buddy system
- Appropriate utilization of a para-educator
- Alternate assessment
- Another best practice that you identify and utilize – if you choose to address a best practice not listed above, you must describe it in the entry form.
Videos must meet all eligibility and submission requirements in order to be reviewed by the panel of judges. Winners will be announced by January 31, 2017.
How to Submit Your Video
1. Enter your contact information and YouTube URL via the online entry form.
2. Submit your video according the official contest rules no later than December 6, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Official Rules and Regulations
Click HERE to review official contest rules.
Have Additional Questions?
If you have additional questions or need more information, please contact Pam Powers, Senior Manager of Physical Education and Physical Activity for Let’s Move! Active Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This video contest is made possible through the support of the Lakeshore Foundation-National Center for Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD) and Sportime featuring SPARK